The Wisconsin Society of Professional Soil Scientists is a state-wide non-profit organization of Soil Scientists involved in the fields of classifying and interpreting soils. The Society was founded in 1971.
1. Provide a state-wide organization for soil scientists from various specializations.
2. Promote communication among soil scientists.
3. Provide a forum for the continuing education of soil scientists.
BENEFITS & OPPORTUNITIES
1. Members may attend the annual meeting held in the fall each year. The meeting consists of a business session, election of
officers, lunch and an informative speaker.
2. Members may attend an educational meeting in the spring of each year. This meeting consists of an informative program on
subjects relating to the field of soil classification and interpretation. A field trip is often planned.
3. Members have opportunities to meet and interact with fellow soil scientists on a professional and social basis.