The 2015 National Cooperative Soil Survey (NCSS) Conference will be held in Duluth, Minnesota on June 7-11!
We hope to see you there!
A web site has been established for frequently updated materials on the conference:
A highlight of this year’s conference is a “call for proposals”. A science committee has been developed to review abstracts for poster and oral presentations and training sessions relating to work in soil survey, ecological site description, soil health, promoting soil data and information and digital soil mapping and other technology advances. More details about these opportunities can be found at the following URL:
Abstracts maybe submitted at the following URL:
This year’s NCSS Conference features:
- Day-long field tours on June 7 and 10
- Committee meetings and presentations on June 8
- 24 training sessions and 18 oral presentations on June 9
- Poster sessions-June 8 and 9
- NCSS Town Hall on the Future of Soil Survey on June 11
A tentative agenda is on the web site along with lodging and registration information.
There are active committees organizing the various parts of the conference. Once finalized, these will be listed in the “Committees” section.
Feel free to contact any of the following for more in-depth information:
John Beck, Chair, John.Beck@mn.usda.gov, 651-602-7895
- Pam Thomas, NRCS Sponsor, Pam.Thomas@wdc.usda.gov, 202-205-4211
- Jon Hempel, Presentations and Posters, Jon.Hempel@lin.usda.gov, 402-437-5389
- David Hoover, Tuesday Training Session, David.Hoover@lin.usda.gov, 402-437-4013
- Nick McArdle, Conference Registration, firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-625-5969
Watch for updates and information on the Conference on the website.
See you in Duluth!